Sir - I was interested to read an article in the Sidmouth Herald dated August 26, which discussed FolkWeek and the sale of items “not deemed appropriate to the festival”.
These included ‘fun snaps’ – a type of throw away firework that makes a small bang on impact with the ground.
Your readers may be interested to know that my friends took their labrador to Sidmouth during FolkWeek.
Every time they took a walk along the seafront, or around Port Royal area, my friend’s dog was terrified by children throwing ‘fun snaps’ on to the pavement.
It seems to me that these ‘fun snaps’ do not do anything to enhance the festival. It is a pity if people’s enjoyment of the wonderful Sidmouth FolkWeek is spoilt by something to trivial and unnecessary.
You may also want to watch:
96 Greenside, Eastfield, Northampton
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary