Sir - I was interested to read an article in the Sidmouth Herald dated August 26, which discussed FolkWeek and the sale of items “not deemed appropriate to the festival”.
These included ‘fun snaps’ – a type of throw away firework that makes a small bang on impact with the ground.
Your readers may be interested to know that my friends took their labrador to Sidmouth during FolkWeek.
Every time they took a walk along the seafront, or around Port Royal area, my friend’s dog was terrified by children throwing ‘fun snaps’ on to the pavement.
It seems to me that these ‘fun snaps’ do not do anything to enhance the festival. It is a pity if people’s enjoyment of the wonderful Sidmouth FolkWeek is spoilt by something to trivial and unnecessary.
You may also want to watch:
96 Greenside, Eastfield, Northampton
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again