So very grateful
I wish to express my sincere gratitude to all the generous people who gave up their time to help me in the Devon County Council elections.
I am thrilled to report that I have been elected with 2,970 votes – and a 74 per cent share of the vote.
Dozens of people trudged from house to house over the past few weeks, pushing my leaflets through letterboxes, which helpfully allowed myself and Roger Giles more time to knock at people’s doors to chat and pick up concerns and issues.
Others patiently stood outside polling stations wearing my rather garish orange rosette and a smile!
After talking to hundreds of people during that time it is clear that a really big issue for residents in Ottery Rural is the amount of development proposed in the area and the Government’s continuing determination to weaken the planning system. I will of course, continue my efforts to limit this and press the Government to change its reckless policies on planning.
My biggest thanks of all goes to Councillor Roger Giles, who has been a tower of support and advice over the past few months and years. It will be hard to live up to his considerable legacy, but I will do my best!
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 3 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 4 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Harlan's a winner after completing reading challenge
- 7 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Independent East Devon District and Devon County Councillor
Ottery St Mary Rural Ward