So very grateful
I wish to express my sincere gratitude to all the generous people who gave up their time to help me in the Devon County Council elections.
I am thrilled to report that I have been elected with 2,970 votes – and a 74 per cent share of the vote.
Dozens of people trudged from house to house over the past few weeks, pushing my leaflets through letterboxes, which helpfully allowed myself and Roger Giles more time to knock at people’s doors to chat and pick up concerns and issues.
Others patiently stood outside polling stations wearing my rather garish orange rosette and a smile!
After talking to hundreds of people during that time it is clear that a really big issue for residents in Ottery Rural is the amount of development proposed in the area and the Government’s continuing determination to weaken the planning system. I will of course, continue my efforts to limit this and press the Government to change its reckless policies on planning.
You may also want to watch:
My biggest thanks of all goes to Councillor Roger Giles, who has been a tower of support and advice over the past few months and years. It will be hard to live up to his considerable legacy, but I will do my best!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Independent East Devon District and Devon County Councillor
Ottery St Mary Rural Ward