Some just laugh
SIR – I am told that after a recent ceremony, an official at Westminster Abbey expressed his emotion by performing some “cartwheels”.
It is a custom as old as mankind to express joy and thanksgiving by dancing and singing.
In the Second Book of Samuel, Ch6 v14 we read: “And David danced before the Lord with all his might.”
So, performing cartwheels after Prince William’s wedding was as natural as breathing.
Unfortunately, there are some people who make a virtue out of being miserable and trying to spoil things.
The rest of us simply laugh!
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 3 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
6 Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth