Some just laugh
SIR – I am told that after a recent ceremony, an official at Westminster Abbey expressed his emotion by performing some “cartwheels”.
It is a custom as old as mankind to express joy and thanksgiving by dancing and singing.
In the Second Book of Samuel, Ch6 v14 we read: “And David danced before the Lord with all his might.”
So, performing cartwheels after Prince William’s wedding was as natural as breathing.
Unfortunately, there are some people who make a virtue out of being miserable and trying to spoil things.
The rest of us simply laugh!
- 1 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 4 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 5 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 6 'Thank you' - Ukraine medic moved to tears by donations from Ottery
- 7 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
- 8 Mica Paris apologises to Sidmouth as festival concert is moved to following day
- 9 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 10 Local slimmer wins prize for low-calorie stew recipe
6 Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth