Some just laugh
SIR – I am told that after a recent ceremony, an official at Westminster Abbey expressed his emotion by performing some “cartwheels”.
It is a custom as old as mankind to express joy and thanksgiving by dancing and singing.
In the Second Book of Samuel, Ch6 v14 we read: “And David danced before the Lord with all his might.”
So, performing cartwheels after Prince William’s wedding was as natural as breathing.
Unfortunately, there are some people who make a virtue out of being miserable and trying to spoil things.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of us simply laugh!
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
6 Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth