Speak up, Claire
I write about a brave lady, Councillor Claire Wright, whom we really needed on the platform on Thursday, April 26 at the Manor Pavilion for the Save Our Sidmouth meeting.
The meeting was remarkably well attended, with many people unable to get in.
Claire fought and won as an Independent last year against the sitting incumbent for Ottery St Mary Rural ward, Sarah Randall Johnson, who was also the leader of East Devon District Council.
Unfortunately, after Claire’s victory at the poll, Mrs Johnson gave her no opportunity to speak. And, ever since that time, Claire had been pushed aside by other councillors. They told her that she should not speak up for Sidmouth at the Save Our Sidmouth meeting.
But it would have been helpful to have a lady on the platform who is an independent councillor and therefore non-political.
You may also want to watch:
A little more kind and better behaviour towards Cllr Wright would be appropriate.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth