Speak up, Claire
I write about a brave lady, Councillor Claire Wright, whom we really needed on the platform on Thursday, April 26 at the Manor Pavilion for the Save Our Sidmouth meeting.
The meeting was remarkably well attended, with many people unable to get in.
Claire fought and won as an Independent last year against the sitting incumbent for Ottery St Mary Rural ward, Sarah Randall Johnson, who was also the leader of East Devon District Council.
Unfortunately, after Claire’s victory at the poll, Mrs Johnson gave her no opportunity to speak. And, ever since that time, Claire had been pushed aside by other councillors. They told her that she should not speak up for Sidmouth at the Save Our Sidmouth meeting.
But it would have been helpful to have a lady on the platform who is an independent councillor and therefore non-political.
You may also want to watch:
A little more kind and better behaviour towards Cllr Wright would be appropriate.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth