SIR - Does East Devon District Council appreciate that SIDMOUTH is not the only town in this area.
As a resident of Beer (Underleys), my family were distraught on Saturday, November 13, when our “pedigree pure tabby exotic cat” was killed by a speeding car.
This, regrettably, is a regular occurrence on this particular stretch of road. There are many young children resident in this area and I question when the council will install speed restrictions (humps) along this stretch of road.
I may have lost a much-loved family pet on this occasion, but will it take the fatality of a child to prompt some sort of action.
You may also want to watch:
2 Underleys, Beer
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC