SIR - Does East Devon District Council appreciate that SIDMOUTH is not the only town in this area.
As a resident of Beer (Underleys), my family were distraught on Saturday, November 13, when our “pedigree pure tabby exotic cat” was killed by a speeding car.
This, regrettably, is a regular occurrence on this particular stretch of road. There are many young children resident in this area and I question when the council will install speed restrictions (humps) along this stretch of road.
I may have lost a much-loved family pet on this occasion, but will it take the fatality of a child to prompt some sort of action.
You may also want to watch:
2 Underleys, Beer
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 5 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller