SIR - Does East Devon District Council appreciate that SIDMOUTH is not the only town in this area.
As a resident of Beer (Underleys), my family were distraught on Saturday, November 13, when our “pedigree pure tabby exotic cat” was killed by a speeding car.
This, regrettably, is a regular occurrence on this particular stretch of road. There are many young children resident in this area and I question when the council will install speed restrictions (humps) along this stretch of road.
I may have lost a much-loved family pet on this occasion, but will it take the fatality of a child to prompt some sort of action.
You may also want to watch:
2 Underleys, Beer
- 1 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building