SIR - It was nice to learn that, on average, we are, as a body, law-abiding motorists, as reported last week.
However, I think the object of the exercise should have been to quantify the number of speeding motorists who can potentially cause injury.
If five motorists drive sensibly, say, at 25mph and one at 55 mph, you have a nice average of 30mph, which may bring a note of comfort and self satisfaction to the public at large.
Would it not be more informative if the full results were published so that we can see the true picture for ourselves and draw our own conclusions?
Without any scientific measurement, I would wager at least one in 10 drivers exceed the speed limit on Sidford High Street during peak travel times.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need