SIR - It was nice to learn that, on average, we are, as a body, law-abiding motorists, as reported last week.
However, I think the object of the exercise should have been to quantify the number of speeding motorists who can potentially cause injury.
If five motorists drive sensibly, say, at 25mph and one at 55 mph, you have a nice average of 30mph, which may bring a note of comfort and self satisfaction to the public at large.
Would it not be more informative if the full results were published so that we can see the true picture for ourselves and draw our own conclusions?
Without any scientific measurement, I would wager at least one in 10 drivers exceed the speed limit on Sidford High Street during peak travel times.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables