Stand firm, Roger
I feel incensed that Councillor Roger Giles is being castigated as a rebel, has allegedly broken rules, is accused of “blowing his own trumpet” and should concentrate on working with the other members of Ottery St Mary Town Council “team” (I use the word loosely).
I am fully aware of all the hard work that Roger has done on behalf of the Ottery district community over many years and in my opinion the press and the public should not be excluded from these meetings.
Why indeed is the town council so adamant on excluding the press and public from meetings with developers? What are they afraid of ?
There appears to be a determination to throttle any democratic process from the outset by those who think they can reign supreme.
I urge Roger Giles to stand steadfast and to resist the baying pack of hounds who are unjustly demanding his resignation.
Power to your elbow, Roger – you have much more support in our community than you may think! Just wait until the next elections!
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations