Stand firm, Roger
I feel incensed that Councillor Roger Giles is being castigated as a rebel, has allegedly broken rules, is accused of “blowing his own trumpet” and should concentrate on working with the other members of Ottery St Mary Town Council “team” (I use the word loosely).
I am fully aware of all the hard work that Roger has done on behalf of the Ottery district community over many years and in my opinion the press and the public should not be excluded from these meetings.
Why indeed is the town council so adamant on excluding the press and public from meetings with developers? What are they afraid of ?
There appears to be a determination to throttle any democratic process from the outset by those who think they can reign supreme.
I urge Roger Giles to stand steadfast and to resist the baying pack of hounds who are unjustly demanding his resignation.
You may also want to watch:
Power to your elbow, Roger – you have much more support in our community than you may think! Just wait until the next elections!
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary