State of Byes
SIR - The state of the Byes has deteriorated so much since I first came here to live (over 50 years ago) from Cornwall.
I note, below my window, a small lorry drives up from the toll gate end and, when it is wet, the grass is badly affected. I note below me the footpath is straddled by vehicle tracks.I remember young people used to be chastised if they cycled on the same footpath. This lorry is to empty the dog bins.
Now this could be achieved, for example, by driving down Lawn Vista, then Water Lane and then Sid Park Road and walk to the dog bins. I was told that the men could not walk that distance because of health and safety.
What about health and safety for people walking in the Byes or someone’s dog running into the lorry?
You may also want to watch:
Salters Meadow, Sidmouth
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses