State of Byes
SIR - The state of the Byes has deteriorated so much since I first came here to live (over 50 years ago) from Cornwall.
I note, below my window, a small lorry drives up from the toll gate end and, when it is wet, the grass is badly affected. I note below me the footpath is straddled by vehicle tracks.I remember young people used to be chastised if they cycled on the same footpath. This lorry is to empty the dog bins.
Now this could be achieved, for example, by driving down Lawn Vista, then Water Lane and then Sid Park Road and walk to the dog bins. I was told that the men could not walk that distance because of health and safety.
What about health and safety for people walking in the Byes or someone’s dog running into the lorry?
You may also want to watch:
Salters Meadow, Sidmouth
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC