State of Byes
SIR - The state of the Byes has deteriorated so much since I first came here to live (over 50 years ago) from Cornwall.
I note, below my window, a small lorry drives up from the toll gate end and, when it is wet, the grass is badly affected. I note below me the footpath is straddled by vehicle tracks.I remember young people used to be chastised if they cycled on the same footpath. This lorry is to empty the dog bins.
Now this could be achieved, for example, by driving down Lawn Vista, then Water Lane and then Sid Park Road and walk to the dog bins. I was told that the men could not walk that distance because of health and safety.
What about health and safety for people walking in the Byes or someone’s dog running into the lorry?
You may also want to watch:
Salters Meadow, Sidmouth
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed