I am a great believer in giving credit where credit is due.
We live on the main road in Newton Poppleford and I would like to say how efficient, polite and helpful the South West Water staff and other companies have been to all of us.
I have never heard swearing, rudeness, or witnessed laziness in the past two months.
In fact, many of the villagers have made new friends and acquaintances due to the fact we have all had to walk a little bit more rather than drive to reduce congestion. It has been very easy and quite a social event.
Many thanks to all the men, you have done a sterling job.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid