Story writing competition
SIR - The closing date for the 26th ‘Write a Story for Children Competition’ is March 31 and your readers need to hurry if they wish to enter.
This is the most prestigious competition for unpublished authors of children’s books in the UK.
With over two thousand entries received in 2010, it proved that writers everywhere are on the alert for you to make this announcement every year.
The first prize in 2011 will be a cheque for �2,000 with second and third prizes of �300 and �200, respectively.
Entrants must be over 18 years of age and unpublished.
Entry forms, together with competition rules, are available from The Academy of Children’s Writers, PO Box 95, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 5RL, on receipt of a stamped, addressed envelope or they may he downloaded by visiting our website, www.childrens-writers.co.uk. The closing date for receipt of entries is March 31 2011. Details of winners will be sent to all entrants.
Academy of Children’s Writers
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter
PO Box 95
Huntingdon, PE28 5RL