Story writing competition
SIR - The closing date for the 26th ‘Write a Story for Children Competition’ is March 31 and your readers need to hurry if they wish to enter.
This is the most prestigious competition for unpublished authors of children’s books in the UK.
With over two thousand entries received in 2010, it proved that writers everywhere are on the alert for you to make this announcement every year.
The first prize in 2011 will be a cheque for �2,000 with second and third prizes of �300 and �200, respectively.
Entrants must be over 18 years of age and unpublished.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms, together with competition rules, are available from The Academy of Children’s Writers, PO Box 95, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 5RL, on receipt of a stamped, addressed envelope or they may he downloaded by visiting our website, www.childrens-writers.co.uk. The closing date for receipt of entries is March 31 2011. Details of winners will be sent to all entrants.
Academy of Children’s Writers
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 School's hill climb challenge
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
PO Box 95
Huntingdon, PE28 5RL