SIR - Stowford Lodge, officially or unofficially, rightly or wrongly - no definitely wrongly! - closed its doors to day-care patients on Friday.
There has been very little warning of this and no official ‘goodbyes’, so I should like to publicly thank all the staff of the unit who have worked there over the time that my husband attended - four or five years.
Their care, consideration and kindness have been invaluable to my husband and myself as have the few hours I have had to ‘be free’.
Thank you all so much and success and happiness for the future to you all.
You may also want to watch:
4, Yarde Hill Orchard, Sidmouth,
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season