SIR - I am always amazed and delighted to hear of the wonderful achievements of stroke survivors. My darling wife of 43 years is herself a stroke survivor, which is why we are both supporters of The Stroke Association and the annual Life After Stroke Awards.
The awards not only recognise the courage and determination people have shown in their recoveries but the unselfish support that carers and volunteers provide.
Nominations for the 2012 Life After Stroke Awards are now open. You may know somebody who has demonstrated outstanding courage and determination rebuilding their life after stroke. I’m asking you to do something wonderful for someone really special and nominate them for an award today.
Strokes can happen to people of all ages and the award categories recognise courage across the different age groups.
I’ve heard some truly inspirational stories and would nominate them all if I could.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations close on February 24, 2012 and you can get more information or a nomination form by visiting www.stroke.org.uk/lasa or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01527 908 911.
Ronnie Corbett CBE
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary