Stuart done good
I was dismayed to read that Councillor Hughes had been deposed as chairman of EDDC’s overview and scrutiny committee.
Councillor Hughes has been most helpful supporting me in my efforts to prevent motorist parking their vehicles illegally on single and double lines in Sidmouth, especially Temple Street (“A dangerous road”, Opinion, May 17) where there is a problem with speeding vehicles and the long-time illegal parking of vehicles, which the civil enforcement officers appear unable to deal with.
Temple Street is part of the A375 main road into Sidmouth. Therefore there can be no pinch point or road humps to slow the traffic.
The obvious cure, in my opinion, is to change the existing pedestrian crossing into a traffic light-controlled crossing, which would slow the flow of traffic.
In addition, the unlawful parking of motor vehicles should be prevented.
You may also want to watch:
I am of the opinion that because of Councillor Hughes’s efforts to improve the the flow of traffic via his position at Devon County Council that some people at EDDC dislike this and have ousted him from his position.
This appears to me to be an obvious case of cronyism! One should remember the good that Councillor Hughes has achieved in the past, although not to everyone’s liking.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
As far as I am concerned his main achievement is the fact that for the third year running the Tour of Britain cycle race is coming to Sidmouth, and this year a stage starts here. This brings people and cash to the town.
Thank you for the good that you have done.