Support for SOS
As a frequent guest to Sidmouth, in Devon’s pleasant land,
I walk along the beach front amidst rock and sea and sand.
The quaintness of this English town and the happy local folk.
A proud, defiant honest race with hearts of English Oak.
The blessed fields and farmlands and the hills that curve and roll,
The winding roads and country pubs bring peace upon one’s soul!
But now a treasured piece of Sidmouth, a majestic English scene,
- 1 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 2 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 3 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 8 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 9 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 10 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
Where mighty trees stand tall and proud in grounds of luscious green,
Are under threat from planners who wish to desecrate
The parklands of the Knowle and impose an ugly concrete fate.
“Oh Lord preserve us,” the trees cry out, “This land ne’er despoil,
For future generations you must save this sacred soil!”
Unity is your salvation, beauty must prevail,
So heed the Sidmouth SOS and the developer will fail!
March as if in battle and raise the rallying call
“We must not be defeated, not one tree should fall.”
Support the Sid Vale Association and in your heritage rejoice,
Thwart the EDDC wreckers and let them hear your voice.
Preserve what is your birthright, tear up the planning text,
For if this vandalism goes ahead just where will they build next?