SIR – Thank you for the article reviewing the work of Sidmouth Youth Trust at the Arches on the Esplanade in your newspaper last week.
You mentioned that we need more volunteers to help us run the sessions over the summer holiday, but did not include a contact point.
The Arches Youth project is open for young people to use every week on Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons, when it is staffed by youth workers from Devon Youth Service.
However, we open every day during school holidays and, in order to do that, we use volunteers.
Volunteers run the project for three-hour sessions, always working in a pair. You would need to have a CRB check, enjoy being around young people and to undertake some basic training.
If you would be interested in volunteering at the Arches this summer and finding out more about what is involved please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 6 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 7 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 8 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 9 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 10 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
(Chairman Sidmouth Youth Trust)
Woodpeckers, Knowle Drive, Sidmouth