SIR – Thank you for the article reviewing the work of Sidmouth Youth Trust at the Arches on the Esplanade in your newspaper last week.
You mentioned that we need more volunteers to help us run the sessions over the summer holiday, but did not include a contact point.
The Arches Youth project is open for young people to use every week on Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons, when it is staffed by youth workers from Devon Youth Service.
However, we open every day during school holidays and, in order to do that, we use volunteers.
Volunteers run the project for three-hour sessions, always working in a pair. You would need to have a CRB check, enjoy being around young people and to undertake some basic training.
You may also want to watch:
If you would be interested in volunteering at the Arches this summer and finding out more about what is involved please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
(Chairman Sidmouth Youth Trust)
Woodpeckers, Knowle Drive, Sidmouth