SIR – Thank you for the article reviewing the work of Sidmouth Youth Trust at the Arches on the Esplanade in your newspaper last week.
You mentioned that we need more volunteers to help us run the sessions over the summer holiday, but did not include a contact point.
The Arches Youth project is open for young people to use every week on Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons, when it is staffed by youth workers from Devon Youth Service.
However, we open every day during school holidays and, in order to do that, we use volunteers.
Volunteers run the project for three-hour sessions, always working in a pair. You would need to have a CRB check, enjoy being around young people and to undertake some basic training.
You may also want to watch:
If you would be interested in volunteering at the Arches this summer and finding out more about what is involved please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
(Chairman Sidmouth Youth Trust)
Woodpeckers, Knowle Drive, Sidmouth