Thank you for flag day support
sir - Thank you to everyone who gave on our Flag Day on June 18, raising �729.21, less �4.80, for the Hospital Comforts Fund. A good day.
We continue, with help from so many generous people, who already juggle to help charities close to their hearts, to top up our funds. Earlier we held a Ploughman’s Lunch and flower arranging demonstration. A blooming success. After expenses we had �504 to start our effort for 2010. A happy day for all.
The NHS financial problems are depressing, but the committee will maintain its optimism to do whatever it can to raise money for the comfort of our patients.
Thank you again.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Victoria Hospital – comforts fund
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 9 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month