Thank you Roger
- Credit: Archant
To most readers of the Sidmouth Herald Roger Simmonds will simply be a name at the bottom of countless pieces of theatrical editorial and reviews, written over many years.
At Simouth Arts Club Operatic Society, however, we knew the man behind the name.
Roger was one of the kindest and most genuinely sincere men I have ever known.
To the end a staunch supporter of our society and the many individual performers who have ‘trodden the boards’ over the years, some of whom became close friends.
His commitment to his art was total and nothing was ever too much trouble.
You may also want to watch:
He would think nothing, for example, of sitting through an entire rehearsal for research before writing one of his articles.
Many of our ticket sales over the years have been as a direct result of his imaginative publicity editorials – and for this we have always been truly grateful.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
His reviews were always fair, balanced and complimentary where possible and, where he felt criticism was justified, it was inevitably delivered in a constructive manner.
Finally, and on a lighter note, the lasting memory of Roger for many at SACOS will be as a magical master of mercilessly mirthful alliteration.
Thank you Roger.
You will be greatly missed by us all.