Thanking you all
- Credit: Archant
We would like to thank all of the organisations and businesses who donated prizes to the Sidmouth Shopping Challenge.
These were Artisans, 4Homes, The Cheeseboard, Paragon Books, Coles, Grosvenor Tearoom & Gifts, Bridge House Wines, several businesses in Libra Court, Gliddons Toymaster, Pure Indulgence, Humbug, Fields of Sidmouth, Delderfields, Taste of Sidmouth, Potburys, Emily’s Chocolates, Hayman’s Butchers, The Lantern Shop, Sports Republic and Sidmouth Print. Prizes were donated by Sidmouth Golf Club, the Radway Cinema, Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society, Fields, Aspara, Coles, Goviers, Leisure East Devon and Gliddons. I would also like to thank Sidmouth Garden Centre and Waitrose Sidmouth who also donated funds so that we could advertise the challenge outside of Sidmouth and through the purchase of a banner in order to bring non-Sidmouth residents into the town.
Also: Robert and Vivien Crick for allowing us to display the banner on their premises. Thank you to Stuart Hughes for arranging an interview with Bay FM to promote independent shopping and the Sidmouth Shopping Challenge.
I would like to thank Bettina and Mark from BMLD who very quickly produced the Challenge map and list of participating retailers in a clear and professional matter. Their work is very much behind the scenes but was an essential part of pulling this all together. And Sidmouth Print, who participated but also supplied a prize and organised all the printing for us, again in a very short timescale.
Personally I would like to thank Sylvia Brownlee, Mel Gater, Edwina Ford, Richard Eley, Derek Parry and Steven Kendall Torry (Executive Chamber Committee) for their help, encouragement and support in getting this off the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Also, the participating retailers for backing the campaign: Jane from Emily’s Chocolates for supplying the treats for the children and of course everyone who took part in the challenge.
Other businesses/organisations who weren’t part of the challenge but who supported it and who I would like to thank are Paper Moon, Market Fruit and Veg Stall, and Sidmouth College.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
We would all like to thank the Sidmouth Herald and Archant for their support in continuously publicising the challenge.
I think that’s it! Thank you.
Promotions & Marketing Manager
Fields of Sidmouth