I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported our jumble sale which was held on November 16.
As in recent times, the event was another successful fundraising opportunity with over £800 being raised.
Without the support of those who kindly donate, those who put time in sorting, setting up on the day, and just as importantly our customers, we would not be able to raise this amount of money.
The funds raised will go towards the normal day to day operating costs of scouting, for which, in addition to subscriptions paid by parents, we need to raise money to fund activities involving the parents and young members themselves.
Our next fundraising event will be a fashion show on Friday, November 29, in Sidford Village Hall at 7.30pm. Please call 01395 515552 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
1st Sid Vale Scouts
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'