I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported our jumble sale which was held on November 16.
As in recent times, the event was another successful fundraising opportunity with over £800 being raised.
Without the support of those who kindly donate, those who put time in sorting, setting up on the day, and just as importantly our customers, we would not be able to raise this amount of money.
The funds raised will go towards the normal day to day operating costs of scouting, for which, in addition to subscriptions paid by parents, we need to raise money to fund activities involving the parents and young members themselves.
Our next fundraising event will be a fashion show on Friday, November 29, in Sidford Village Hall at 7.30pm. Please call 01395 515552 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
1st Sid Vale Scouts
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98