I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported our jumble sale which was held on November 16.
As in recent times, the event was another successful fundraising opportunity with over £800 being raised.
Without the support of those who kindly donate, those who put time in sorting, setting up on the day, and just as importantly our customers, we would not be able to raise this amount of money.
The funds raised will go towards the normal day to day operating costs of scouting, for which, in addition to subscriptions paid by parents, we need to raise money to fund activities involving the parents and young members themselves.
Our next fundraising event will be a fashion show on Friday, November 29, in Sidford Village Hall at 7.30pm. Please call 01395 515552 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
1st Sid Vale Scouts
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live