Thanks for help with saving pub
- Credit: Archant
Through your columns I would, on behalf of the Save The Red Lion campaign, like to express thanks for the invaluable and continuing support that the campaign is receiving as we strive to retain the Red Lion pub in Sidbury.
Persuading East Devon District Council to list the Red Lion as an asset of the community, thus allowing the campaign to have an unhindered opportunity to seek to buy the pub for the community, would not have been possible without local support for the campaign and the great local press coverage.
Our two campaign patrons, the Reverend Susie Williams and our local MP Hugo Swire, have given much encouragement and support to the campaign, and it is great to have two prominent local personages amongst our supporters.
Some of the local EDDC councillors have also provided support for the campaign.
These are councillors Claire Wright, Chris Wale, Roger Giles and Andrew Moulding.
You may also want to watch:
Additionally, as our Devon county councillor, Claire Wright has donated £250 out of her council locality budget to assist the campaign.
The campaign is also grateful to the Sidmouth Herald for its regular and continuing reporting of its activities.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
The financial contribution provided by Councillor Claire Wright is most welcome and very much needed. However, we still need much more to keep our activities going!
Campaigning to retain the Red Lion is a costly activity, and I would like, through your pages, to appeal to anyone who supports our objective, to help us by making a donation, of whatever size, towards our growing campaign costs.
Donation cheques, made payable to “Save The Red Lion Campaign” can be sent to the Campaign Treasurer c/o Jan Burnett, West Barn, Northcombe Farm, Salcombe Regis EX10 0JQ.
Alternatively, donations can be made directly into the campaign’s Lloyds Bank account – sort code 30-94-36, account number 31554960.
Finally, a big thank you to all those who are providing support to the campaign as it strives to retain the Red Lion.
Save The Red Lion Campaign