SIR - As Chairman of Sidmouth Macmillan Fundraising Committee, I would like to say a huge thank you to local Sidford man, Frank Adlam, who recently celebrated a special birthday.
A party was held for the occasion at the village hall in Branscombe. In lieu of presents, Frank asked that, if people wished, they could make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth.
Over 120 people attended, including family and friends, some of whom had travelled to Devon from Lancashire and Derby as well as the local surrounding areas. They were entertained by a group called The Crooked Furrow.
Frank said everyone, including himself, had a wonderful evening and the event raised an amazing amount of �625 which has been donated to Macmillan.
Frank was a dedicated member of the Sidmouth Fundraising Committee for a number of years and when he stepped down from the committee, donated a silver cup, known as the Adlam Cup, which is presented each year to a person who has made an outstanding contribution to Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, on behalf of Macmillan, we are extremely grateful to have received such a wonderful donation which will go a long way in helping us continue supporting people living with cancer.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
Chairman, Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth