SIR - As Chairman of Sidmouth Macmillan Fundraising Committee, I would like to say a huge thank you to local Sidford man, Frank Adlam, who recently celebrated a special birthday.
A party was held for the occasion at the village hall in Branscombe. In lieu of presents, Frank asked that, if people wished, they could make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth.
Over 120 people attended, including family and friends, some of whom had travelled to Devon from Lancashire and Derby as well as the local surrounding areas. They were entertained by a group called The Crooked Furrow.
Frank said everyone, including himself, had a wonderful evening and the event raised an amazing amount of �625 which has been donated to Macmillan.
Frank was a dedicated member of the Sidmouth Fundraising Committee for a number of years and when he stepped down from the committee, donated a silver cup, known as the Adlam Cup, which is presented each year to a person who has made an outstanding contribution to Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, on behalf of Macmillan, we are extremely grateful to have received such a wonderful donation which will go a long way in helping us continue supporting people living with cancer.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
Chairman, Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth