SIR - As Chairman of Sidmouth Macmillan Fundraising Committee, I would like to say a huge thank you to local Sidford man, Frank Adlam, who recently celebrated a special birthday.
A party was held for the occasion at the village hall in Branscombe. In lieu of presents, Frank asked that, if people wished, they could make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth.
Over 120 people attended, including family and friends, some of whom had travelled to Devon from Lancashire and Derby as well as the local surrounding areas. They were entertained by a group called The Crooked Furrow.
Frank said everyone, including himself, had a wonderful evening and the event raised an amazing amount of �625 which has been donated to Macmillan.
Frank was a dedicated member of the Sidmouth Fundraising Committee for a number of years and when he stepped down from the committee, donated a silver cup, known as the Adlam Cup, which is presented each year to a person who has made an outstanding contribution to Macmillan.
Once again, on behalf of Macmillan, we are extremely grateful to have received such a wonderful donation which will go a long way in helping us continue supporting people living with cancer.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
- 3 Building more homes alone won't solve housing crisis
- 4 Our library really is the jewel in Ottery's crown
- 5 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 6 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 7 Levelling Up funding could make a real difference in Devon
- 8 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 9 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 10 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
Chairman, Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth