SIR - As Chairman of Sidmouth Macmillan Fundraising Committee, I would like to say a huge thank you to local Sidford man, Frank Adlam, who recently celebrated a special birthday.
A party was held for the occasion at the village hall in Branscombe. In lieu of presents, Frank asked that, if people wished, they could make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth.
Over 120 people attended, including family and friends, some of whom had travelled to Devon from Lancashire and Derby as well as the local surrounding areas. They were entertained by a group called The Crooked Furrow.
Frank said everyone, including himself, had a wonderful evening and the event raised an amazing amount of �625 which has been donated to Macmillan.
Frank was a dedicated member of the Sidmouth Fundraising Committee for a number of years and when he stepped down from the committee, donated a silver cup, known as the Adlam Cup, which is presented each year to a person who has made an outstanding contribution to Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, on behalf of Macmillan, we are extremely grateful to have received such a wonderful donation which will go a long way in helping us continue supporting people living with cancer.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Chairman, Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth