Firstly, very sincere appreciation for the excellent coverage and photographs of Veronica Wood’s magnificent garden, which she very kindly opened last weekend for the Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth’s fundraising for the Exeter Hospice.
Although it was a cold and windy weekend, it stayed dry whilst the garden was open and we were delighted to welcome almost 100 visitors during the two days.
Including refreshments and plant sales, the Open Garden raised the excellent sum of £475 which, together with the proceeds of our two previous fundraisers held in aid of the Hospice, will enable us to present a cheque to the Hospice for over £2,000 in the very near future.
The support of the Sidmouth Herald by publicity prior to our fundraisers and reports after the events were of considerable benefit in enabling us to raise such a magnificent amount for this very worthwhile charity.
You may also want to watch:
Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth, 2012-2013
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times
- 10 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay