Firstly, very sincere appreciation for the excellent coverage and photographs of Veronica Wood’s magnificent garden, which she very kindly opened last weekend for the Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth’s fundraising for the Exeter Hospice.
Although it was a cold and windy weekend, it stayed dry whilst the garden was open and we were delighted to welcome almost 100 visitors during the two days.
Including refreshments and plant sales, the Open Garden raised the excellent sum of £475 which, together with the proceeds of our two previous fundraisers held in aid of the Hospice, will enable us to present a cheque to the Hospice for over £2,000 in the very near future.
The support of the Sidmouth Herald by publicity prior to our fundraisers and reports after the events were of considerable benefit in enabling us to raise such a magnificent amount for this very worthwhile charity.
You may also want to watch:
Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth, 2012-2013
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight