Thanks to all for swelling appeal...
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
I would like to thank the residents of Sid Valley for their generous support of Sidmouth’s branch of the Royal British Legion during 2013.
A special mention must be made of the generous donations to our Poppy Appeal which raised over £11,000.
This would not have been possible without our organisers and dedicated collectors who went out in all weathers.
Loyally supported by my committee, we work for the benefit of the Royal British Legion and we hope to receive your support again during 2014.
Moreover, our thanks to the council officials who gave their time and supported our fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
I have just received news from our county Poppy Appeal co-ordinator, Carole Arnold, that the amount raised for Devon will be over £840,000.
This money is desperately needed as we have high numbers of ex-service people living in Devon who need help from the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket
Our appreciation must also go to the Herald for their excellent articles publicising the Royal British Legion which resulted in the attendance at our carol service increasing by 100 per cent.
The service was led by our irrepressible padre, the Reverend Robin Laird. The service was followed by warm mince pies, coffee and chat. Fellowship at its best. New members are always welcome. For anyone interested in joining the Royal British Legion, please telephone 01395 516160 for a chat. Non-military members especially welcome.
Finally, on behalf of our president and committee, I wish everyone a healthy and happy new year.
Chairman, Sidmouth branch of The Royal British Legion