Thanks to all for swelling appeal...
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
I would like to thank the residents of Sid Valley for their generous support of Sidmouth’s branch of the Royal British Legion during 2013.
A special mention must be made of the generous donations to our Poppy Appeal which raised over £11,000.
This would not have been possible without our organisers and dedicated collectors who went out in all weathers.
Loyally supported by my committee, we work for the benefit of the Royal British Legion and we hope to receive your support again during 2014.
Moreover, our thanks to the council officials who gave their time and supported our fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
I have just received news from our county Poppy Appeal co-ordinator, Carole Arnold, that the amount raised for Devon will be over £840,000.
This money is desperately needed as we have high numbers of ex-service people living in Devon who need help from the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
Our appreciation must also go to the Herald for their excellent articles publicising the Royal British Legion which resulted in the attendance at our carol service increasing by 100 per cent.
The service was led by our irrepressible padre, the Reverend Robin Laird. The service was followed by warm mince pies, coffee and chat. Fellowship at its best. New members are always welcome. For anyone interested in joining the Royal British Legion, please telephone 01395 516160 for a chat. Non-military members especially welcome.
Finally, on behalf of our president and committee, I wish everyone a healthy and happy new year.
Chairman, Sidmouth branch of The Royal British Legion