They’re a danger
I write to add my wholehearted support to the letter written by Grant Mitchell (“Some drivers are no longer capable”, Opinion, November 1).
No one wants to deprive older people of their freedom, but there are a great number of drivers in Sidmouth who really are a danger to others.
I too have experienced the poor driving by some older drivers in Waitrose, including nearly being run over while in the green pedestrian area by a driver who couldn’t remain in the main carriageway.
And just spend half an hour at the mini-roundabout at Lidl and at the junction of Manstone Lane and Alexander Road and you’ll see many examples of hesitant driving and lack of understanding of the simple rules of a roundabout – in the main perpetrated at five miles per hour by older drivers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect