They’re a danger
I write to add my wholehearted support to the letter written by Grant Mitchell (“Some drivers are no longer capable”, Opinion, November 1).
No one wants to deprive older people of their freedom, but there are a great number of drivers in Sidmouth who really are a danger to others.
I too have experienced the poor driving by some older drivers in Waitrose, including nearly being run over while in the green pedestrian area by a driver who couldn’t remain in the main carriageway.
And just spend half an hour at the mini-roundabout at Lidl and at the junction of Manstone Lane and Alexander Road and you’ll see many examples of hesitant driving and lack of understanding of the simple rules of a roundabout – in the main perpetrated at five miles per hour by older drivers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket