Time for vision
SIR - Nature has blessed our area with a heritage coast and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Individual benefactors, bodies such as the Sid Valley Association, council gardens and representatives, have husbanded and enhanced our blessings.
Now, the prospect of turning Sidmouth into a proverbial carbuncle on the face of our much-loved, magnificent coastline is looming.
Couldn’t the planners harness the talent, creativity and passion so manifestly displayed in your pages to form a visionary, community solution to enable us to pass on our blessed heritage to future generations?
You may also want to watch:
Otter Reach, Newton Poppleford
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times
- 10 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay