Time for vision
SIR - Nature has blessed our area with a heritage coast and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Individual benefactors, bodies such as the Sid Valley Association, council gardens and representatives, have husbanded and enhanced our blessings.
Now, the prospect of turning Sidmouth into a proverbial carbuncle on the face of our much-loved, magnificent coastline is looming.
Couldn’t the planners harness the talent, creativity and passion so manifestly displayed in your pages to form a visionary, community solution to enable us to pass on our blessed heritage to future generations?
Otter Reach, Newton Poppleford
- 1 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 2 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 3 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 4 'Brilliant' 2021 fundraising success for Otter Garden Centre
- 5 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 6 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 7 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 8 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 9 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 10 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory