Time’s nearly up
I am glad that Lawrie Brownlee replied to my letter (Opinion, May 17) about UKIP’s attitude to the environment and the economy, because the issues should be thoroughly debated before it is too late.
Any sensible scientist would recognise the need for clean, green energy, and that we cannot continue pumping out greenhouse gases into the atmosphere without eventually upsetting the balance of nature.
The time lag we currently enjoy will not last beyond the end of this century. If we, therefore, pursue a policy of “business as usual” woe betide the next generation!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 2 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 7 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth