Time’s nearly up
I am glad that Lawrie Brownlee replied to my letter (Opinion, May 17) about UKIP’s attitude to the environment and the economy, because the issues should be thoroughly debated before it is too late.
Any sensible scientist would recognise the need for clean, green energy, and that we cannot continue pumping out greenhouse gases into the atmosphere without eventually upsetting the balance of nature.
The time lag we currently enjoy will not last beyond the end of this century. If we, therefore, pursue a policy of “business as usual” woe betide the next generation!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again