Time to consider plight of snowbound OAPs
SIR - I live in Hides Road, which is totally occupied by OAP’s, several of whom have mobility problems.
We were snowed in on December 14. This snow formed two inches of ice, covered by six inches of snow. It did not clear until December 28. During these two weeks, most of us were housebound.
We could not get out to the shops or even to the pillar-box in Malden Road.
If these conditions recur, would you kindly spare a thought for us “oldies” who become totally housebound?
If the Knowle driveway can be cleared, at least one track could be cleared in Hides Road so that we were not totally isolated.
You may also want to watch:
J C Williams
6 Hides Road
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight