Time to consider plight of snowbound OAPs
SIR - I live in Hides Road, which is totally occupied by OAP’s, several of whom have mobility problems.
We were snowed in on December 14. This snow formed two inches of ice, covered by six inches of snow. It did not clear until December 28. During these two weeks, most of us were housebound.
We could not get out to the shops or even to the pillar-box in Malden Road.
If these conditions recur, would you kindly spare a thought for us “oldies” who become totally housebound?
If the Knowle driveway can be cleared, at least one track could be cleared in Hides Road so that we were not totally isolated.
You may also want to watch:
J C Williams
6 Hides Road
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton