Time to consider plight of snowbound OAPs
SIR - I live in Hides Road, which is totally occupied by OAP’s, several of whom have mobility problems.
We were snowed in on December 14. This snow formed two inches of ice, covered by six inches of snow. It did not clear until December 28. During these two weeks, most of us were housebound.
We could not get out to the shops or even to the pillar-box in Malden Road.
If these conditions recur, would you kindly spare a thought for us “oldies” who become totally housebound?
If the Knowle driveway can be cleared, at least one track could be cleared in Hides Road so that we were not totally isolated.
J C Williams
6 Hides Road
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 3 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 4 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang