Time we financially supported hall
SIR – The decision of Branscombe Parish Council to demonstrate financial support for the refurbishment of the village hall is greatly welcomed.
SIR - The decision of Branscombe Parish Council to demonstrate financial support for the refurbishment of the village hall is greatly welcomed.
The villagers of Branscombe have enjoyed the use of the hall for more than 30 years without contributing to its upkeep from public money.
This has been largely due to prudent management by the hall's trustees and a great deal of work by village volunteers, but now more help is needed.
The parish council has always pursued a policy of keeping the precept as low as possible, which has led them to operate very tightly, but I think the time has come to build up a reserve to deal with the unexpected.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 3 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth