Time we financially supported hall
SIR – The decision of Branscombe Parish Council to demonstrate financial support for the refurbishment of the village hall is greatly welcomed.
SIR - The decision of Branscombe Parish Council to demonstrate financial support for the refurbishment of the village hall is greatly welcomed.
The villagers of Branscombe have enjoyed the use of the hall for more than 30 years without contributing to its upkeep from public money.
This has been largely due to prudent management by the hall's trustees and a great deal of work by village volunteers, but now more help is needed.
The parish council has always pursued a policy of keeping the precept as low as possible, which has led them to operate very tightly, but I think the time has come to build up a reserve to deal with the unexpected.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 6 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup