Too many East Devon DC councillors
Madam, – We are all well aware that we have too many East Devon District Councillors. If the whole country can be run by 646 members of parliament – do we really need to pay 59 councillors to run East Devon?
Madam, - We are all well aware that we have too many East Devon District Councillors. If the whole country can be run by 646 members of parliament - do we really need to pay 59 councillors to run East Devon? According to their own we site, our councillors claimed a total of �382,604-59 in the year 2007/2008 making an average of �6,484.83 each.
Add to that the expenses of the 62 Devon County Council councillors and those of the other 10 district,city and unitary authorities and it becomes clear that we just cannot keep them. And yet they have sent us all a leaflet (by post) asking us to support an "Integrated Devon"- in other words the status quo!
Surely, the most sensible and cost effective solution is to back the Bounday Committee's proposal for a Single Devon Unitary Council?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 10 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times