Too many East Devon DC councillors
Madam, – We are all well aware that we have too many East Devon District Councillors. If the whole country can be run by 646 members of parliament – do we really need to pay 59 councillors to run East Devon?
Madam, - We are all well aware that we have too many East Devon District Councillors. If the whole country can be run by 646 members of parliament - do we really need to pay 59 councillors to run East Devon? According to their own we site, our councillors claimed a total of �382,604-59 in the year 2007/2008 making an average of �6,484.83 each.
Add to that the expenses of the 62 Devon County Council councillors and those of the other 10 district,city and unitary authorities and it becomes clear that we just cannot keep them. And yet they have sent us all a leaflet (by post) asking us to support an "Integrated Devon"- in other words the status quo!
Surely, the most sensible and cost effective solution is to back the Bounday Committee's proposal for a Single Devon Unitary Council?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon