Tribute to doctor
SIR - Thirty-two years ago Dr Morris joined what is now the Sid Valley Practice and is currently the senior partner. He will be retiring next month.
Throughout that long period Dr Morris has seen many thousands of patients in surgeries in Sidford and Sidmouth and paid countless visits to patients in their home or the local hospital. He worked very long hours, often seven days a week, that frequently played havoc with domestic arrangements, but he did so without complaint in his desire to care for us.
He has served Sidmouth and the medical profession superbly and will be greatly missed. We wish him a long and happy retirement, free now to do all the many things that have been impossible whilst he devoted all his time and energy in the interest of so many.
Alex G Mackintosh
You may also want to watch:
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight