Tribute to doctor
SIR - Thirty-two years ago Dr Morris joined what is now the Sid Valley Practice and is currently the senior partner. He will be retiring next month.
Throughout that long period Dr Morris has seen many thousands of patients in surgeries in Sidford and Sidmouth and paid countless visits to patients in their home or the local hospital. He worked very long hours, often seven days a week, that frequently played havoc with domestic arrangements, but he did so without complaint in his desire to care for us.
He has served Sidmouth and the medical profession superbly and will be greatly missed. We wish him a long and happy retirement, free now to do all the many things that have been impossible whilst he devoted all his time and energy in the interest of so many.
Alex G Mackintosh
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 3 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 4 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 8 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 9 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 10 Alice launches new shop, hub and refill centre... all in one