Two schools in a partnership
SIR - I have just read your article regarding the merger of the three Sidmouth schools and I write strongly to object, on behalf of both Sidbury VC Primary School Governors and St Nicholas VA Junior School Governors, to the piece at the end of the article regarding Sidbury VC Primary School.
Sidbury VC Primary School is NOT ‘part of St Nicholas VA Junior School’ as you quoted in your article. The two schools are in a Management Partnership and Sidbury School shares a head teacher, Mr Paul Walker, with St Nicholas school until such time as the Management Partnership ends.
Parents, staff and all relevant stakeholders of both schools are kept fully informed of the status of this Management Partnership, which has no bearing on the consultation on the merger of the three Sidmouth schools.
I should be grateful, therefore, if you would make it very clear in a statement, in next Friday’s issue of the Sidmouth Herald, that Sidbury VC Primary School is not part of St Nicholas VA Junior School. The present situation being that the two schools are in a Management Partnership sharing a head teacher.
You may also want to watch:
Chair of Governors
Sidbury VC Primary School
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
ED: While the original article was published in good faith with the available facts we have published a fresh article on page 5