I hope this letter is not too contentious.
Our local Woolbrook bakers’ shop is being put under great pressure with the local supermarket’s new bakery.
I fear we will lose it.
The issues I mention are the bakers’ jobs. All experienced tradesman.
Times are changing – we’ll never stop them, but we need to think.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 6 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Council praised for prompt action as travellers move into rugby club