I hope this letter is not too contentious.
Our local Woolbrook bakers’ shop is being put under great pressure with the local supermarket’s new bakery.
I fear we will lose it.
The issues I mention are the bakers’ jobs. All experienced tradesman.
Times are changing – we’ll never stop them, but we need to think.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites