I hope this letter is not too contentious.
Our local Woolbrook bakers’ shop is being put under great pressure with the local supermarket’s new bakery.
I fear we will lose it.
The issues I mention are the bakers’ jobs. All experienced tradesman.
Times are changing – we’ll never stop them, but we need to think.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes