SIR - Our revels now are ended! I cannot fully express my sadness at the headline ‘Final curtain falls on Vance’.
I have been enjoying holidays in Sidmouth since the late 1980s, the highlight being two visits to the theatre to see a rich and varied programme.
How short-sighted of the council not to pull out all the stops to ensure Sidmouth retains a jewel in its crown which for many people is an integral part of their holiday.
Surely something can be done?
We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.
You may also want to watch:
Pilley Road, Hereford
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth