Volunteer driver - can you help?
SIR - Please may I ask for the Herald’s assistance in finding a volunteer driver to help for a couple of hours once a month on a Sunday afternoon with our local charity group?
Contact the Elderly is a national charity that helps relieve the loneliness and isolation often felt by elderly people who live alone in their own homes. On one Sunday afternoon each month, three volunteer drivers take a group of nine elderly guests out for tea provided by a volunteer hostess. You can see more about us at www.contact-the-elderly.org.uk.
The elderly members in our friendly and thriving local group live in Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh. We have been running successfully for over seven years, but now need a new volunteer driver with their own four door car.
You would collect two of our guests from their homes and drive them to the hostess for tea, which is held between 3.00 and 5.00pm on the second Sunday of every month in Exmouth or Budleigh.
If anyone feels they might be able to help and would like more information, please call me on 07814 812035 or email me at: email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Co-ordinator, Contact the Elderly, Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh Salterton Group
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers