Volunteer driver - can you help?
SIR - Please may I ask for the Herald’s assistance in finding a volunteer driver to help for a couple of hours once a month on a Sunday afternoon with our local charity group?
Contact the Elderly is a national charity that helps relieve the loneliness and isolation often felt by elderly people who live alone in their own homes. On one Sunday afternoon each month, three volunteer drivers take a group of nine elderly guests out for tea provided by a volunteer hostess. You can see more about us at www.contact-the-elderly.org.uk.
The elderly members in our friendly and thriving local group live in Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh. We have been running successfully for over seven years, but now need a new volunteer driver with their own four door car.
You would collect two of our guests from their homes and drive them to the hostess for tea, which is held between 3.00 and 5.00pm on the second Sunday of every month in Exmouth or Budleigh.
If anyone feels they might be able to help and would like more information, please call me on 07814 812035 or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-ordinator, Contact the Elderly, Exmouth, Lympstone and Budleigh Salterton Group
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 7 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Record level of police numbers will soon have a positive effect on our communities