SIR - May I, through your column, express our thanks to all the attendees and contributors at Sidmouth College on Saturday, March 19, for the Earth, Wind and...Sun event, featuring renewable energies.
The sun did, indeed, shine, illustrating the benefits of solar thermal and photovoltaic panels. A presentation from Exeter University highlighting the Feed-in tariffs and a presentation on community Wind farms from Regen, proved to be of considerable interest.
The event, hosted by Sid Valley Energy Action Group, prompted many interesting questions and the possibility of setting up local community schemes. A number of exhibitors were kept busy by many enthusiastic local people, keen to find out further information and, together with some wonderful food prepared by the Vision Group for Sidmouth food group and helpers, a very successful day was enjoyed by all.
The next event will be co-hosted by the Sid Valley Energy Group and the NLO at the Observatory featuring a talk by Sir Crispin Tickell entitled “Natural Disasters” (including man’s impact on climate change) on Saturday, April 30.
More details are available on the Vision Group for Sidmouth website- www.visionforsidmouth.org
You may also want to watch:
Mr Derek Chant
Vice Chairman Sid Valley Energy Action Group
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary