Waste of money?
The headline “A new chain for our mayor” (Ottery Herald front page last week) - how ridiculous!
We have a hard-working and perfectly adequate mayor. If a chain is necessary, go straight to Abbotts and buy a good, British steel item. We don’t require to spend £2,000.
If we go ahead and buy a gold chain, think of all the ‘bru-ha-ha’ involved! Insurance, security, ‘et al’.
Go to Abbotts, our nationally senior ironmongers. They will show our councillors a great assortment - possibly a chain with a handle marked ‘Pull!!!’
We came to Ottery back in 1962. In that year we had a railway station. We also had a bus service and could go to a show in Exeter, returning on the last bus.
You may also want to watch:
Spend your £2,000 on the much-needed foodbank!
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
Winters Lane, Ottery St Mary