We all loos out...
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
I am writing to you to register my amazement at East Devon District Council’s plan to close the public toilets at Branscombe.
We have been coming on holiday to Branscombe for over 30 years, and can vouch for the usefulness of these toilets for many people.
Branscombe beach is a highly popular destination for holidaymakers and people having days out.
Visitors to Branscombe generally stay at the beach for long periods – often for the whole day. What are they supposed to do if they need to go to the toilet? I can’t imagine the beach cafe would be too keen on making their small toilet open to all-comers.
I really do think the council needs to think again about this decision. It is frankly short-sighted, idiotic, and totally unjustifiable.
Make small financial savings by hitting the people who actually bring revenue into the county through the holiday trade?
Where’s the sense in that?
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
- 10 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change