We all loos out...
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
I am writing to you to register my amazement at East Devon District Council’s plan to close the public toilets at Branscombe.
We have been coming on holiday to Branscombe for over 30 years, and can vouch for the usefulness of these toilets for many people.
Branscombe beach is a highly popular destination for holidaymakers and people having days out.
Visitors to Branscombe generally stay at the beach for long periods – often for the whole day. What are they supposed to do if they need to go to the toilet? I can’t imagine the beach cafe would be too keen on making their small toilet open to all-comers.
I really do think the council needs to think again about this decision. It is frankly short-sighted, idiotic, and totally unjustifiable.
Make small financial savings by hitting the people who actually bring revenue into the county through the holiday trade?
Where’s the sense in that?
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland