We want to walk
RE: “£100,000 for a Sidbury cycle link?” (Sidmouth Herald, May 24, front page).
Whilst I can understand the wish of some for a cycle link from Sidbury to Sidford, it is vital to bear in mind that walkers also very badly need a safe footpath to join Sidford and Sidbury.
I see mothers with pushchairs struggling along this narrow, but (despite the 30 mph speed limit) fast section of highway and if there were a footpath, children as well as adults would be safely able to walk directly from Sidbury to Sidford.
I feel it would be a missed opportunity, as well as being unfair to pedestrians, not to offer a safe, dual-purpose pathway along the road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket