We want to walk
RE: “£100,000 for a Sidbury cycle link?” (Sidmouth Herald, May 24, front page).
Whilst I can understand the wish of some for a cycle link from Sidbury to Sidford, it is vital to bear in mind that walkers also very badly need a safe footpath to join Sidford and Sidbury.
I see mothers with pushchairs struggling along this narrow, but (despite the 30 mph speed limit) fast section of highway and if there were a footpath, children as well as adults would be safely able to walk directly from Sidbury to Sidford.
I feel it would be a missed opportunity, as well as being unfair to pedestrians, not to offer a safe, dual-purpose pathway along the road.
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth