I enclose a poem written some years ago which is very apt at this time with all the very bad storms we have had.
My thoughts are with all those who are still waiting for the water to recede from their homes and from the farmers’ fields and cattle.
The stormy wind blows
wild across the sea.
You may also want to watch:
Clouds racing fast
as if at last set free.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
High above the rocks
the waves dispense,
pounding hard against
the land’s defence.
Lifting pebbles high,
crashing onto land.
Leaving only when the
tide recedes the sand.
At times the sea
doth lie in calm.
Beware its rages,
when, it holds no charm.