I enclose a poem written some years ago which is very apt at this time with all the very bad storms we have had.
My thoughts are with all those who are still waiting for the water to recede from their homes and from the farmers’ fields and cattle.
The stormy wind blows
wild across the sea.
Clouds racing fast
as if at last set free.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 6 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 7 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 8 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
High above the rocks
the waves dispense,
pounding hard against
the land’s defence.
Lifting pebbles high,
crashing onto land.
Leaving only when the
tide recedes the sand.
At times the sea
doth lie in calm.
Beware its rages,
when, it holds no charm.