I am writing to you to thank you for publishing an article just before Christmas pointing out the problem Sidmouth Lifeboat was having in finding a new company secretary and treasurer.
As a direct result of your article we had seven replies and, after interviews, we were able to select the person we feel best fits our needs. Kitrina Bishop will take over from Philip Churchill at our next AGM on March 20.
As a Private Limited Company as well as a charity it would not be legal for us to carry on without a company secretary.
Our thanks are due to all who applied and to you and the Herald for publishing details of our predicament.
Philip T Churchill
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Lifeboat Trustee and Company Secretary
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit