I am writing to you to thank you for publishing an article just before Christmas pointing out the problem Sidmouth Lifeboat was having in finding a new company secretary and treasurer.
As a direct result of your article we had seven replies and, after interviews, we were able to select the person we feel best fits our needs. Kitrina Bishop will take over from Philip Churchill at our next AGM on March 20.
As a Private Limited Company as well as a charity it would not be legal for us to carry on without a company secretary.
Our thanks are due to all who applied and to you and the Herald for publishing details of our predicament.
Philip T Churchill
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Lifeboat Trustee and Company Secretary
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman