Why spend money on village hall?
SIR – I am a resident of Branscombe. I really don t understand our Parish Council asking for money for our village hall when there are so many other things this money could go towards.
SIR - I am a resident of Branscombe. I really don't understand our Parish Council asking for money for our village hall when there are so many other things this money could go towards.
Why did they not do something when the toilets closed, or see if they could help with parking in the village? The list is so long with all of these many things being able to help our community in many ways. Why, oh why, just the hall?
I can see people's point of view that it may benefit the community in some way, but they only really have the school, Branscombe Project, British Legion and the different meetings happening in the hall on a regular basis!
Why not do something like parking that would benefit not only drivers but people who need buses, police, fire engines and ambulances into the village, this list also goes on.
You may also want to watch:
Since the Napoli we have had a lot more day visitors into the village who only park at the hall and just pass the well by as if it doesn't exist, even to help fund the car park that they are parking in!
I don't see how this is fair. I'm thinking on the lines that this money should go towards something more useful and more beneficial to our community.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip