Why spend money on village hall?
SIR – I am a resident of Branscombe. I really don t understand our Parish Council asking for money for our village hall when there are so many other things this money could go towards.
SIR - I am a resident of Branscombe. I really don't understand our Parish Council asking for money for our village hall when there are so many other things this money could go towards.
Why did they not do something when the toilets closed, or see if they could help with parking in the village? The list is so long with all of these many things being able to help our community in many ways. Why, oh why, just the hall?
I can see people's point of view that it may benefit the community in some way, but they only really have the school, Branscombe Project, British Legion and the different meetings happening in the hall on a regular basis!
Why not do something like parking that would benefit not only drivers but people who need buses, police, fire engines and ambulances into the village, this list also goes on.
Since the Napoli we have had a lot more day visitors into the village who only park at the hall and just pass the well by as if it doesn't exist, even to help fund the car park that they are parking in!
I don't see how this is fair. I'm thinking on the lines that this money should go towards something more useful and more beneficial to our community.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 8 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 9 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 10 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum