Why spend money on village hall?
SIR – I am a resident of Branscombe. I really don t understand our Parish Council asking for money for our village hall when there are so many other things this money could go towards.
SIR - I am a resident of Branscombe. I really don't understand our Parish Council asking for money for our village hall when there are so many other things this money could go towards.
Why did they not do something when the toilets closed, or see if they could help with parking in the village? The list is so long with all of these many things being able to help our community in many ways. Why, oh why, just the hall?
I can see people's point of view that it may benefit the community in some way, but they only really have the school, Branscombe Project, British Legion and the different meetings happening in the hall on a regular basis!
Why not do something like parking that would benefit not only drivers but people who need buses, police, fire engines and ambulances into the village, this list also goes on.
Since the Napoli we have had a lot more day visitors into the village who only park at the hall and just pass the well by as if it doesn't exist, even to help fund the car park that they are parking in!
I don't see how this is fair. I'm thinking on the lines that this money should go towards something more useful and more beneficial to our community.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty