Wings appeal collection joy
SIR - The response to our recent street collection for the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary Wings Appeal was quite exceptional. �822 was collected, no less than a 25 percent increase on last year’s previous best ever amount.
Thank you so much to all who contributed and helped collect.
From World War II, through the conflicts in the Falklands, Bosnia, the Gulf and now Afghanistan, RAFA continues to provide its welfare services to serving and past members of the RAF and their families, whenever the need arises.
Demands on these services remain heavy and all contributions are very much appreciated and well used.
During this year’s collection, we were once again helped by our local ATC Squadron – 2019 Sidmouth Squadron, as ever keenly supportive and very smart.
You may also want to watch:
This long-established Squadron continues to provide an exciting programme, which includes opportunities to fly, and is designed to develop teamwork, self-confidence and initiative.
The Squadron has some vacancies and, if you would like more information, please contact the Commanding Officer,
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Flight Lieutenant David Toomey, RAFVRT by e-mail to email@example.com.
Wings Appeal Local
Kingsmead, Broadway Sidmouth