Wings appeal collection joy
SIR - The response to our recent street collection for the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary Wings Appeal was quite exceptional. �822 was collected, no less than a 25 percent increase on last year’s previous best ever amount.
Thank you so much to all who contributed and helped collect.
From World War II, through the conflicts in the Falklands, Bosnia, the Gulf and now Afghanistan, RAFA continues to provide its welfare services to serving and past members of the RAF and their families, whenever the need arises.
Demands on these services remain heavy and all contributions are very much appreciated and well used.
During this year’s collection, we were once again helped by our local ATC Squadron – 2019 Sidmouth Squadron, as ever keenly supportive and very smart.
This long-established Squadron continues to provide an exciting programme, which includes opportunities to fly, and is designed to develop teamwork, self-confidence and initiative.
The Squadron has some vacancies and, if you would like more information, please contact the Commanding Officer,
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 5 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
Flight Lieutenant David Toomey, RAFVRT by e-mail to email@example.com.
Wings Appeal Local
Kingsmead, Broadway Sidmouth