Wings appeal collection joy
SIR - The response to our recent street collection for the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA) Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary Wings Appeal was quite exceptional. �822 was collected, no less than a 25 percent increase on last year’s previous best ever amount.
Thank you so much to all who contributed and helped collect.
From World War II, through the conflicts in the Falklands, Bosnia, the Gulf and now Afghanistan, RAFA continues to provide its welfare services to serving and past members of the RAF and their families, whenever the need arises.
Demands on these services remain heavy and all contributions are very much appreciated and well used.
During this year’s collection, we were once again helped by our local ATC Squadron – 2019 Sidmouth Squadron, as ever keenly supportive and very smart.
You may also want to watch:
This long-established Squadron continues to provide an exciting programme, which includes opportunities to fly, and is designed to develop teamwork, self-confidence and initiative.
The Squadron has some vacancies and, if you would like more information, please contact the Commanding Officer,
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Flight Lieutenant David Toomey, RAFVRT by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wings Appeal Local
Kingsmead, Broadway Sidmouth