On Saturday, November 16, my friend and I were intrigued to know what an indoor car boot sale consisted of.
It was held at Winter Gardens (now Carinas). We found it most interesting and bought a few items.
I looked up at the fine architecture in the main dancing area and although the lighting was dim I could see that it could be brought back to its former glory.
Memories came flooding back of old time dancing led by Mr Freddy Tedbury and I recall my wedding reception was held there in 1959.
It would cost thousands to restore, but it would be rewarding.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance