On Saturday, November 16, my friend and I were intrigued to know what an indoor car boot sale consisted of.
It was held at Winter Gardens (now Carinas). We found it most interesting and bought a few items.
I looked up at the fine architecture in the main dancing area and although the lighting was dim I could see that it could be brought back to its former glory.
Memories came flooding back of old time dancing led by Mr Freddy Tedbury and I recall my wedding reception was held there in 1959.
It would cost thousands to restore, but it would be rewarding.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now