Work as a team
I write in reference to the letter (Herald December 20) from Dick Beardsall on the regrettable dispute between the Ottery St Mary Town Council and Cllr Roger Giles.
Dick Beardsall does not represent my view in this case, or indeed many other residents of West Hill.
I imagine he uses his title as chairman to add weight to the expressed opinion, which I believe is mistaken.
Dick has a democratic right as an individual to express the view he has, but not on behalf of the West Hill community.
The facts are that Roger Giles knowingly broke the code of conduct - a councillor with 20 years’ experience.
You may also want to watch:
Any apology in this matter should come from Roger to his fellow councillors.
I would like to suggest Roger stops blowing his own trumpet and joins the orchestra - only teamwork among the elected members of Ottery St Mary Town Council will bring to an end this delicate and awkward matter.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open