Writers please note, long letters get Pat’s goat
Good, short letters are what I seek,
For when they’re long, I grow quite weak
And I lose interest half way through (Can’t they trim a word or two!?)
Make their missives short and sweet,
To the point, succinct and neat.
You may also want to watch:
Then, with their message clear and bold,
All my attention they will hold.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
Mrs Pat Rose
74 Manstone Avenue
ED: A point succinctly made, Pat. Correspondents please note!