Youngsters aided trapped vehicle
SIR - We would like to say a big thank you to the kind young people who got our car moving when stuck in the snow on a housing estate (we think in Sidford), when we had taken a left turn too soon.
We had travelled from Norfolk trouble free, apart from slow moving traffic, only to get stuck within two miles of our destination! I am sure our Good Samaritans will remember assisting to free a heavy burgundy car, late afternoon on Thursday, December 23.
Being in our 70’s, we are very pleased to see that the usual typecast idea of the younger generation is definitely not the case in your area. We are very grateful for the prompt and willing help we were given which enabled us to go on to spend an enjoyable Christmas in Sidmouth.
Pat and Pat Pearson
17 Grenville Way
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank