Your number’s up!
SIR - So, one of our town councillors, as evidenced in the council meeting on November 7, is of the opinion that the march on November 2 received unimpressive support (in his words less than a thousand) and concludes that the many thousands who did not participate in this march are all on the side of East Devon District Council. How misguided can he be?
Come and face the great British public within Sidmouth, and you will quickly learn how wrong a conclusion. The strength of feeling against EDDC might well surprise you.
Furthermore, Mr Diviani, excellent in his role as tea boy, keeps rubbishing the noisy minority. Come and face the voters, Mr D, and really listen.
What gives him the right to believe that he is the fountain of all wisdom? Imagine going into a country pub for a drink and being told what is best or you. Why does assuming high office mean that certain councillors think that they are omniscient?
We deserve the ear of such officials. Remember, they are spending our money.
You may also want to watch:
Failing this, come the next local elections, we may be equally deaf.
And if we local residents are such a pain in the backside, bring out the haemorrhoid cream – we are not going away.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth