£1,000 boost for Sidmouth’s fourth walking festival
- Credit: Archant
The volunteers behind the Sidmouth and East Devon Walking Festival are celebrating a £1,000 boost.
This is the second time the Sid Vale Association’s (SVA) Keith Owen Fund has supported the event, in a bid to make it more established and self-sustaining.
Now in its fourth year, the festival returns from September 23 to 29, with 19 walks to choose from.
The SVA’s Chris Woodruff said: “The festival provides an opportunity for both local people and visitors from further afield to appreciate the beauty of the Sid Valley and the surrounding countryside, just as Keith Owen wished.
“Exploring on foot is the very best way to get to know the area and take some healthy exercise at the same time, so we are very happy to nurture this festival.”
You may also want to watch:
The organising committee thanked the SVA and Sidmouth Town Council for their support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 01395 516441 for bookings.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street