1,200 homes were hit by water cut

PUBLISHED: 14:26 10 January 2014 | UPDATED: 14:26 10 January 2014

Archant

A WHOPPING 1,200 homes were hit by the water cut in Sidmouth last night (Thursday).

The supply was restored after ‘problems’ at a reservoir.

South West Water said some residents said were without water from 5.30pm. The company said it restored water to all properties by 11pm.

A spokeswoman said there had been an issue with a valve stopping water to travel from a reservoir to the network.

She added some residents were sent text messages telling them about the disruption.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald