1,200 homes were hit by water cut

ndg-hand-washing

- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto

A WHOPPING 1,200 homes were hit by the water cut in Sidmouth last night (Thursday).

The supply was restored after ‘problems’ at a reservoir.

South West Water said some residents said were without water from 5.30pm. The company said it restored water to all properties by 11pm.

A spokeswoman said there had been an issue with a valve stopping water to travel from a reservoir to the network.

She added some residents were sent text messages telling them about the disruption.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus